Bloc (n): A combination of persons, groups, or nations forming a unit with a common interest or purpose.
“Writers’ Bloc” meets weekly at Taylor University, where area writers and editors gather to discuss and review proposals, chapters, essays, and ideas. Members include published authors, newspaper columnists, bloggers, editors, those with yet-unpublished works, and aspiring writers. Professors, community members, and recent grads have been gathering since 2009, originally just called “writers group,” the name “Writers’ Bloc” was adopted in 2016, with a nod at the purposeful pun.
While attending this group with my wife, Angie Knight, I have come to truly appreciate the passion and work that goes into writing. This group has become so much more to Angie and I than just a gathering of professionals, and a place to share current projects for review. The group has become close friends as they share not only about their works, but their lives and families. As a thank you for the wonderful friendships and times spent together each week, here are links to the Writers’ Blocs blogs so you too can check our their creative works. This page will be updated whenever new members attend the meetings regularly.
Writers’ Bloc Blogs
- Dan Fuller – Dan L Fuller Country Writer
- Angie Knight – Invisible Issues
- T.R. Knight – This blog.
- Rita Koch – Meemaw Memories
- Rachael Phillips – Extraordinary Ordinary
- Jan Reber – Romance in Time
- Jody Stinson – Jody’s Musings
- Linda Taylor – Linda Taylor: Writer, Editor, Speaker
- Peggy Sue Wells – Peggy Sue Wells
RSS feed for Writers’ Bloc Members
- OMG, It’s Monday! Prayer: Deer Aren’t So Dear
- Guidelines for Quoting Bible Material: Part 1
- It’s the Car’s Fault
- OMG, It’s Monday! Prayer: No-Temptation Birthday Cake
- Hair We Go Again
- OMG, It’s Monday! Prayer: No Marching Choirs
- Even Editors Need Editors
- Even Thomas Jefferson Had Editors
- Writers Need Thick Skin: Part 1, Dealing with Rejection
- Proud of my grads
- Confessions of a Book Lover
- Christmas/New Year
- Anticipating Christmas
- Of Shepherds and Wise Men