Bloc (n): A combination of persons, groups, or nations forming a unit with a common interest or purpose.
“Writers’ Bloc” meets weekly at Taylor University, where area writers and editors gather to discuss and review proposals, chapters, essays, and ideas. Members include published authors, newspaper columnists, bloggers, editors, those with yet-unpublished works, and aspiring writers. Professors, community members, and recent grads have been gathering since 2009, originally just called “writers group,” the name “Writers’ Bloc” was adopted in 2016, with a nod at the purposeful pun.
While attending this group with my wife, Angie Knight, I have come to truly appreciate the passion and work that goes into writing. This group has become so much more to Angie and I than just a gathering of professionals, and a place to share current projects for review. The group has become close friends as they share not only about their works, but their lives and families. As a thank you for the wonderful friendships and times spent together each week, here are links to the Writers’ Blocs blogs so you too can check our their creative works. This page will be updated whenever new members attend the meetings regularly.
Writers’ Bloc Blogs
- Dan Fuller – Dan L Fuller Country Writer
- Angie Knight – Invisible Issues
- T.R. Knight – This blog.
- Rita Koch – Meemaw Memories
- Rachael Phillips – Extraordinary Ordinary
- Jan Reber – Romance in Time
- Jody Stinson – Jody’s Musings
- Linda Taylor – Linda Taylor: Writer, Editor, Speaker
- Peggy Sue Wells – Peggy Sue Wells
RSS feed for Writers’ Bloc Members
- OMG, It’s Monday! Prayer: Thankful for Weird Things
- Full House
- Mad Makeover; or Where Did You Put the —?
- OMG, It’s Monday! Prayer: I Can’t Be That Old!
- Goals and Accomplishments
- I Flunked Euchre
- OMG, It’s Monday! Prayer: Um, Maybe I Should Go Back to Bed
- Let’s Get Tech-y: Adding Page Breaks
- Winter Joys
- End of Month One 2021
- Let’s Get Tech-y: Removing Double Spaces between Sentences
- Submitting in 2021: Get It Done!
- Review of To Steal a Heart by Jen Turano
- Let’s Get Tech-y: Adding Page Numbers to Your Manuscript